1. Rostov Training Сenter (hereinafter – Training Center) is a non-profit association of aviation enthusiasts.
2. It is not a legal entity and it isn’t engaged in any financial activities.
3. It is a friendly community of people united by love of the sky, aircraft and virtual flights.
4. It is an independent training center in Russia for training pilots to perform flights in virtual aviation simulation networks IVAO and VATSIM (hereinafter – Virtual Networks)
5. It is an educational project, whose main goal is to assist fans of Virtual Aviation to acquire the skills and knowledge to carry out virtual flights.
6. Training Center is not linked to any particular virtual network.
7. Members must follow the rules of the virtual network, in which they fly, including flights outside of Training Center.
8. Training Center is registered as a virtual airline in the VA-system of International Virtual Aviation Organization ™ (IVAO), Russia and Kazakhstan MCD. (ICAO: RTD, Callsign: Rostov).
9. Training Center is not related to any real airline
10. Membership is free. Training Center exists thanks to private time and knowledge of its members.
11. The main method of training in the training center is self-education.
12. All the information presented on the website is strictly prohibited for use in real aviation
13. Our fleet doesn’t consist of certain aircraft types. Aircraft types are chosen by pilots. MTOW of the aircraft type used during training must be above 10 tons and speed in traffic circuit must be 200 to 250 KIAS. Aircraft type must be civil.
14. The Training Center ‘s hub airport is Anapa «Vityazevo» (URKA).
Joining Rostov Training Center
1. Conditions to apply to Training Center at the time of registration on the website are as follows:
• Minimum age for membership is 13 years at the time of registration
• Be registered in IVAO or VATSIM. Profile must be active and it should not have a “Suspended” status
• Know the basic concepts of air navigation and aviation operations.
• Be able to read the basic elements of aviation charts.
• Have skills to pilot any aircraft with MTOW of more than 10 tons, and knowledge of its flight characteristics.
• Have the ability to participate in training flights
• Be able to use the Discord client (in text mode)
2. Application is processed and decision is made.
3. If the decision is positive, then notice of admission is sent to an e-mail, pilot is assigned a callsign and status of Cadet.
4. Admission may be refused without stating reasons.
1. Training Center operates in accordance with the real aviation rules, where applicable.
2. Place and time of training flights are communicated in advance using e-mail newsletters, notifications on Training Center’s website and via #ato-news channel on Discord server.
3. Pilots shall communicate using voice during flights if possible.
4. Simulation of flights is carried out in real time.
5. It is mandatory to install scenery of Anapa from https://urrv.ru/rostov-fir/anapa/
6. It is strongly recommended to install software simulating real weather.
7. Pilots must comply with ATC instructions, except when they endanger the safety of flight.
8. If unable to comply with ATC instructions, the pilot shall report to ATC as soon as possible and ATC will provide alternate clearance.
9. If deviation from ATC clearance did occur, the pilot must take measures to return to clearance boundaries as soon as possible.
10. If pilot’s actions harm the training process, ATC has the authority to instruct the pilot to disconnect from the network.
11. Flights under RTD callsign are allowed during training flights only.
12. Graduates are allowed to use their permanent RTD callsign. Training Center Director may approve use of callsign under other circumstances.
All members must:
1. respect their colleagues, air traffic controllers and other members of network
2. read these Rules and follow them.
3. regularly visit the Training Center website, familiarize themselves with news and announcements.
4. connect to the Training Center’s Discord server. Communication, debriefing and initial testing are made on the server ( https://discordapp.com/invite/VxZVQT )
5. be present during debriefings that take part at #training channel in Discord after the end of each training flights.
6. be able to perform simple maneuvers in chosen aircraft type: maintain given height, heading, instrumental approaches.
7. demonstrate academic progress in theoretical or practical training at least once in six months
Training center members have the right to:
1. Take part in training flights, get feedback during debriefieng.
2. Get positive marks and promotions, on condition of having approval and having successfully completed the exercises
3. Ask questions and get advice on flight operations in virtual aviation networks. Note that instructors are not specialists in specific types of aircraft.
4. To submit proposals, to participate in the development of the training center.
5. To communicate and interact with other members of the training center in the virtual and the real world.
1. Training curriculum consists of four exercises, performed under supervision of instructor.
2. It is recommended to obtain approval before starting practicing each exercise.
3. Approval is obtained by theoretical testing on the Training Center’s Discord. Requirements are listed on specific webpage for each exercise.
4. The testing is held by one of the authorized members of Training Center.
5. After successful completion of the exercise in accordance with the criteria indicated on the exercise page, the cadet is assigned a positive “star” mark.
6. After receiving three stars in the exercise, the cadet proceeds to the next exercise.
7. After receiving three stars in exercise 4, the cadet performs a graduation flight.
8. After successful completion of the graduation flight, the cadet receives the status of a graduate with permission to use the training center’s callsign RTD when flying in a virtual network.
9. In the absence of approval to perform the exercise, a positive “star” mark can only be awarded based on extraordinary successes when flying according to the decision of the TC Director.
10. One “Star” of the three required for the successful completion of the exercise can be obtained when performing a theoretical task, by decision of the director of the training center.
11. When flying in a crew of several people, a positive mark cannot be set.
Suspension and expulsion from Training Center
Training center member may be subjected to an administrative penalty from the following list:
b. be muted or temporarily removed from Discord
c. suspension from flights
d. exclusion from the Training Center
under the following circumstances:
• Failed to demonstrate academic progress in theoretical or practical training during last six months
• A pilot breaks rules of Training Center or network on purpose and regularly, including flights without using RTD callsign.
• Constant mistakes in navigation or operations when flying online.
• Abnormal behavior during flying online or communication with members of Training Center or network.
• A pilot provided false information during the registration
• A pilot was banned from any aviation simulation network.
• Member attempted to disseminate warez on Training Center’s resources (including Discord).
2. The decision on the application of the measures provided for in paragraph 1a, 1b is taken by the Training Center Staff.
3. The decision on the application of the measures provided for in paragraph 1c, 1d is taken by the Director of the Training Center.
4. A mark is made in the personal file of the cadet about the applied penalties.
5. The participant has the right to challenge the penalty by personal appeal to the director of the Training Center at the contacts indicated on the site.
1. Training Center activity is regulated by the provisions of these Rules.
2. The provisions of these Rules are mandatory and apply equally to all Training Center members.
3. Training Center is managed by the Staff.
4. Staff is formed according to the positions listed on the staff page on the Training Center ‘s website
5. Training Center administration reserves the right to send emails regarding the activities of the Training Center to members
6. All amendments to these rules as well as to other documents and regulations of Training Center shall come into force on the day of its publication on the website unless otherwise stated
7. Amendments to any documents and/or rules can be made at any time at the discretion of the Training Center Staff.